Smith College Museum of Art EXHIBIT: A Dangerous Woman
A Dangerous Woman: Subversion and Surrealism in the Art of Honoré Sharrer
September 29, 2017–January 7, 2018
Honoré Sharrer's rise in the art world was meteoric. Starting at nineteen and throughout her twenties, she was included in major exhibitions at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Whitney Museum of American Art, and the Museum of Modern Art. This is the first exhibition to reveal the voice of this artist. Honoré Sharrer's work presents a potent and often unsettling critique of the conventions of American culture.
Image: Honoré Sharrer American, 1920–2009.
Nursery Rhyme, 1971. Oil on canvas.
Admission to the museum: $5 Adults $4 Seniors (65+) FREE: College students, Five College employees & families, Youth (18 and under), SCMA members
122 Green St., Northampton MA
Smith College Museum of Art
Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 10 AM-4 PM; Sundays 12-4 PM; Closed Mondays.
Elm Street at Bedford Terrace, Northampton MA
The Museum includes four floors of exhibition galleries that house the permanent collection; the Cunningham Center for the Study of Prints, Drawings, and Photographs; and changing exhibitions that regularly include a family-friendly resource area. Featured amenities include the Museum Shop, artist-designed restrooms, and hand-crafted gallery benches.
There is no parking area specifically for the Museum. Smith College Campus Map
- Weekdays before 5pm
- Blue visitor spaces in the Smith College parking garage are available (limited number). The Parking Garage is located on West Street, next to Garrison Hall.
- Visitors may park on city streets further from the Museum.
- Weekends and evenings
- Guests to the Museum may park in any white-lined space in Smith College parking lots. The closest College parking lots are located off Bedford Terrace.
- On Sundays, metered spots on city streets are also free.
- Metered spots on Elm Street are the closest parking option, and cars can park there for up to 10 hours at 50 cents per hour. Parking meters are enforced from 8am to 6pm Monday–Saturday.
- The Northampton parking garage is located behind Thorne’s Marketplace downtown.